There are three types of notifications available for the user:
- Event window - This is a special window shown when a check is failed or a backup event occurs.
This window is a system modal one (over all system windows). It shows the type of the
event/check and some information about the check that caused the event. This window is automatically closed
after a small period of time if you do not "touch" it with your mouse.
- Tray popup log window - This is another type of window (mostly like the previous one).
It shows information about event(s) and appears near the Network Eagle tray icon. It is also
automatically closed within a short period of time if you do not click the pin button. A double click on this
window will open the main Network Eagle window.
- Tray icon blinking - This is the least annoying notification mechanism for the user. It simply makes
the Network Eagle tray icon blink for a short period of time.
- The Blink in tray and Event window settings - You can select one of the following
styles for notification both in the tray and with an event window:
- Disable - Notification is disabled.
- On Failed - Notify only when a failure event occurs.
- On Restore - Notify only when a backup event occurs.
- On Failed And Restore - Notify when either a backup or fail event occurs.
- Show popup log window - As described above, this window appears near the Network Eagle
tray icon. You can disable/enable it by selecting/clearing the check box. Once enabled, the following options
become available for this window:
- Log event types - You can select what types of messages you want to appear in the
tray log window.
- Show log data - Here you can select the files to be shown in the tray log window.
- Filter - You can setup custom filtering criteria to filter messages out.
You can specify the
include and exclude criteria. Include criteria - only the messages containing the word/phrase specified
in this criterion will be shown. Exclude criteria - if a message contains the word/phrase specified in this criterion,
it will be excluded from the log window. You can specify multiple words/phrases in the include/exclude criteria.
Multiple words/phrases must be separated by a semicolon.
- History depth - Specify here the number of message to be shown in the tray log window.
- Close automatically - The window will be closed after the specified number of seconds.
- Truncate strings - Messages can be quite long. Here you can specify the maximum number of characters
to be displayed in the tray log window. The remaining parts of messages will be truncated.
Options: Logging/Trace Logging,