This page contains the connection options of the Network Eagle application. This page
contains the default connection options for the HTTP Proxy and the SMTP server. By default, the HTTP Proxy
connection options are set for new
HTTP Checks and the SMTP server connection
options are set for new
SMTP Mail Alerts. Of course, after you create a
new HTTP Check or a new SMTP Mail Alert, you can change their connection
settings they way you like it.
HTTP Proxy Server Options
- Proxy Address - The default address of the HTTP Proxy Server. You can use the button near this field
to browse your local area network and select the default proxy server from there if your proxy is on your local area network.
- Proxy Username - The username that is used to access the proxy if your HTTP Proxy server requires authentication.
If you leave this field blank, an anonymous HTTP Proxy connection will be used. You can
specify a particular user at any moment while configuring an HTTP Check.
- Proxy Password - Thepassword that is used to access the HTTP Proxy server. If no username specified for the proxy,
this field is ignored while the program is connecting to the HTTP Proxy Server.
- Port -The port of the HTTP Proxy Server. By default, this value is set to 80.
SMTP Server Options
- SMTP Server Address - The default address of the SMTP Server. You can use the button near this field
to browse the local area network and select your default SMTP server from there if your SMTP server is on your local area network.
- SMTP Server Port - The port of the SMTP Server. By default, the value of this field is set to 25.
- Timeout - The timeout that is used to connect to the SMTP server while the program is sending an alert mail message. In seconds.
Options: Logging/Trace Logging,